The next Friends of the Library Meeting
will be on Thursday, April 6th at 4pm.
Friends of the West Bridgewater Public Library is an organization of volunteers that helps to support library programs and services. In addition to the Museum Pass Program, we sponsor a variety of programs, library services, and the Reading is Fundamental book distribution program for West Bridgewater public school students in grades one through five. We have an on-going Book Sale at which we merely ask for a suggested donation.
Proposed Friends of the Library Bylaws updated: September 2022
The Friends of the Library have sponsored the following enhancements to the library:
- Summer Reading Program
- The Summer of Thoreau
- Thoreau Essay Contest
- Pratt’s Landing Americana Concert
- Tee shirts of the 3D Printer club to wear to the Cape Cod Mini Maker Faire
- Tee shirts for the library staff
- Outdoor handicapped-accessible picnic tables
- All of the museum passes
- The Ultimaker 2+ 3D printer
- The Polar Express Event
- Many additions to our collections
Become a Friend of the West Bridgewater Public Library:
Annual Membership Dues:
Good Friend $25.00
Best Library Friend $50.00
Friends Benefactor $100.00
Friends Patron. $250.00
Corporate Frie $500.00
Please make checks payable to the ‘Friends of the West Bridgewater Public Library’. All contributions are tax-deductible. You can fill out a form and give it to the staff at the Circulation Desk of the library.
*Please visit the calendar of events page on the WBPL’s homepage for further information regarding scheduled sponsored events and the regular meetings of the Friends of the Library.
- We accept books of all genres in good condition.
- To donate items place items on the maroon cart to the left of the main entrance.
- We no longer accept DVDs, Blu-rays, or CDs.
- We do not accept dictionaries, encyclopedias, or textbooks.
- Due to limited space, please only donate up to 10 items at a time.
- Books may be catalogued into the library system, or sold in the book sale nook to benefit the Friends of the Library.
Donated books are located on bookshelves near the side library entrance and near the magazine (periodicals) area.
3 for $1.00
3 for $2.00
5 for $1.00