Passport acceptance appointments will start again on Wed. July 15 – masks are mandatory
The West Bridgewater Public Library processes passports by appointment on Wednesdays from 10:30AM – 1:30PM and Saturdays 10:30AM – 1:00PM. An appointment must be made in advance for EACH passport application you wish to have processed. Reservations can be made HERE.
- Arrive at the side door a few minutes before your appointment. The door will be locked.
- Call the desk to announce your arrival. Our phone number is 508-894-1255.
- With all parties wearing face masks, we will admit you in to the Library Meeting room.
- The staff will process the application at one table and the individual or family must sit at a table six feet away.
- If you are renewing a passport, you may be able to do so by mail. See these instructions.
How to get your passport
Minimum requirements for applying for a U.S. passport:
- DS-11 passport application form. This form can be downloaded online or picked up at the library. Forms must be printed out one-sided and filled out in black ink. Make sure you do not sign the application before coming in for your appointment.
- Proof of citizenship. An original or certified copy of your birth certificate, plus a photocopy. Birth certificates must have both parents’ names. Expired passports are also acceptable proof of citizenship.
- Valid driver’s license or government photo ID. Include a photocopy of both sides, either one sided or two separate pages.
- Passport photo. A 2″ by 2″ passport photo taken within the past six months. Passport photos may be taken at any CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, or AAA.
- Two checks. One check or money order is payable to the Department of State (see fees listed below). An execution fee of $35.00 is payable by check to the West Bridgewater Public Library.This fee is mandated by the Department of State and is the same at every acceptance facility.
Minor applicants (under age 16):
- To obtain or renew a passport for a minor under the age of 16, the minor and both parents* must all be present.
- Both parents must present a valid driver’s license plus a photocopy of both sides, either one sided or two separate pages.
- The original or certified copy of the minor’s birth certificate showing both parents’ names is required even if a passport was previously issued.
- If the minor has previously been issued a passport and it is still valid, it must be sent in with the application.
*If only one parent is available to accompany a minor under age 16, please refer to the front of form DS-11 and read the requirements for the use of form DS-3053 to be submitted with the passport application.
While minors age 16-17 can apply themselves with the above requirements, it is encouraged that one parent accompany them to show consent.
Adults: $110.00 book, $30.00 card*, both valid for 10 years
Children: $80.00 book, $15.00 card*, both valid for 5 years
Expedite Fee: An additional $60.00 per application
Ask us about overnight delivery options.*Cards are valid at land border crossings and sea ports-of entry from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. The passport card cannot be used for international air travel.
Routine service: at least 8 weeks
There is NO Expedite service available at this time.
10 Causeway Street, Room 247
Boston, Massachusetts 02222