Call for a passport appointment. Masks are mandatory
Schedule appointments on Mondays and Thursdays 2:00 – 3:30 PM. Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 5:30 – 7:00 PM and Saturdays 10:30 – 11:00 AM & 12:30 – 1:30 PM.
An appointment must be made in advance for EACH passport application you wish to have processed. If you do not have all your paperwork in order well in advance of your appointment, please cancel and re-book an appointment. There is a waiting list for appointments so a last minute cancellation is very disruptive. Thank you for your consideration.
- Arrive at the front door a few minutes before your appointment. Sanitize your hands and sign in.
- Let staff at the Circulation Desk know that you are here for a passport appointment.
- With all parties wearing face masks, we will admit you in to the Makerspace Area.
- The staff will process the application at one table and the individual or family must sit at a table six feet away.
- If you are renewing a passport, you may be able to do so by mail. See these instructions.
How to get your passport
Minimum requirements for applying for a U.S. passport:
- DS-11 passport application form. This form can be downloaded online or picked up at the library. Forms must be printed out one-sided and filled out in black ink. Make sure you do not sign the application before coming in for your appointment.
- Proof of citizenship. An original or certified copy of your birth certificate, plus a photocopy. Birth certificates must have both parents’ names. Expired passports are also acceptable proof of citizenship.
- Valid driver’s license or government photo ID. Include a photocopy of both sides, either one sided or two separate pages.
- Passport photo. A 2″ by 2″ passport photo taken within the past six months. Passport photos may be taken at any CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, or AAA. Photos must meet stringent requirements including: white background, no shadows and show your full face with your eyes open.
- Two checks. One check or money order is payable to the Department of State (see fees listed below). An execution fee of $35.00 is payable by check to the West Bridgewater Public Library. This fee is mandated by the Department of State and is the same at every acceptance facility.
Minor applicants (under age 16):
- To obtain or renew a passport for a minor under the age of 16, the minor and both parents* must all be present.
- Both parents must present a valid driver’s license plus a photocopy of both sides, either one sided or two separate pages.
- The original or certified copy of the minor’s birth certificate showing both parents’ names is required even if a passport was previously issued.
- If the minor has previously been issued a passport and it is still valid, it must be sent in with the application.
*If only one parent is available to accompany a minor under age 16, please refer to the front of form DS-11 and read the requirements for the use of form DS-3053 to be submitted with the passport application.
While minors age 16-17 can apply themselves with the above requirements, one parent must accompany and vouch for them by showing valid ID and sign for them to show consent.
Adults: $110.00 book, $30.00 card*, both valid for 10 years
Children: $80.00 book, $15.00 card*, both valid for 5 years
Expedite Fee: An additional $60.00 per application
Ask us about overnight delivery options.*Cards are valid at land border crossings and sea ports-of entry from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. The passport card cannot be used for international air travel.
Routine service: 10-12 weeks
Expedited service: 4-6 weeks, has an additional fee per passport of $60
10 Causeway Street, Room 247
Boston, Massachusetts 02222